Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's been awhile!

I'm just starting to get back to life after the flu. 
I got over the worst of it - - just haven't had any energy.
And, lately, I have to say, that with that lack of energy has also come a very "bleh" outlook in general. 
And on top of the no energy, Dave has had to work a lot of overtime, we didn't have Dayton for four days in a row, so I've also not had any routine.  I know I try to work on being flexible, but without routine, I tend to shut down.  I wander around my own house like I'm driving in downtown Bellingham. 
In other words - lost.
And everything I've done the last few days, whether at work or at home has gone wrong, was the wrong thing to begin with or broke.
bleh!  Ever get in one of those jags? 
I kept telling myself "you're a child of God and that's all that matters"  "you're a child of God and that's all that matters".
uff!
Anyway - - to end this drama, I came home from work today and there was a package waiting for me.
I didn't order anything.....it's not my birthday?  Why is this here and what is it?  So, like any normal red blooded woman, I tore it open!
A box of chocolates.  Christopher Elbow Chocolates.  They aren't just chocolates. They're divine chocolates.  They might be chocolates from heaven.  In a box tied up with a chocolate colored ribbon!

They were from Emily and there was the sweetest note about how she wanted to show her appreciation for me being her mommy.
Made me cry.
Got my mojo back.
And I'm REALLY glad I didn't give up candy for lent!

No comments:

Post a Comment