Monday, February 7, 2011

New Year's Resolution

I went through a few photos early this morning to find a picture of Tommy when he was little that I could scan and e-mail to the Nooksack Valley annual staff.
That turned out to be the seed to start my New Year's Resolution - to get the pictures sorted by Easter. 
I wanted to choose something do-able, but this might actually be more involved than I had anticipated!  I've got three computer paper boxes in the movie pit (it used to be the garage, but Dave turned it into a family room several years ago, and since then, we've christened that room "the movie pit") - - anyway, I have three computer boxes in the movie pit and I'm honestly not sure how many are in plastic bins under the bed.   And it's not all pictures - there are little mementos and such from all three kids......say a prayer for Dave, this might be pretty involved before it's completed! Anyway, I think I'll get up early on Saturday morning and dive into that.....
As far as my accountability - I walked for 30 minutes when I got home from work today.  A mile and a half while I watched this mornings Joyce Meyer program. 
Eating (uber) healthy is pretty easy to control when I cook, but Dave did the cooking this weekend - he cooks pretty healthy, but he uses more moderation and doesn't get as 'carried away' as I do with the healthy food, i.e. he's not afraid to eat white bread or pasta or add salt where some nights, I'm happy with a baked sweet potato.  I try to implement portion control, but unfortunately, he's a pretty good cook, so, well, that plan doesn't always work out.  Just being honest here.  Tonight, I'm cooking - baked chicken, brown jasmine rice, and broccoli.  I love baked chicken - a little olive oil, a little salt and pepper and into the oven!
Anyway - - I've done a little something for my body, I've nurtured my spirit a little, dinner is in the oven, and now, it's time to sit with Dave and nurture us!

No comments:

Post a Comment