Saturday, February 5, 2011

Playing with the set up....

One of my hobbies/interests is rearranging and playing with colors and patterns whatnot and this blog a perfect place to play with that!  I could spend thousands of dollars on the house switching out lighting, window treatments, furniture, flooring, paint colors, artwork,  etc. in this delightful home I live in, just to have some time with each and every idea that forms in my head, but, that's not so practical!  So, with the creation of this blog, I'm able to use this blog as an outlet and I've spent quite abit of time since my last post exploring the options presented! - - thus far, there's really only one thing I'm not happy with and I'm not sure how to change - - and that's the Title Color.  I want it to be the same color as the text, but for some reason, there's no option for that.....only the font style.  hhhmmmm......I foresee a little (or a lot!) more experimenting!
Turning this house from "Dave's house" into "our home" has been a bit of a journey in itself.  It was hard to move into a house that he had not only spent the last 15 or so years but had also built, and then "BOOM!"  here I come with my stuff!  He was great about it, the issue was more in my head than with him - - I didn't want to 'force him out', but I didn't want to lose myself - - at it turns out, even though we have a lot of different decorating ideas, we have many ideas that are the same, and we've been successful in turning this into "our home", and I don't think either one of us are compromising.
The next step is the evolvement of the yard, - - but, that's going to be for another blog!
I'm also working on improving my health - I know, I know, aren't we all?  I'm trying to shop the perimeter of the store - - my main goal with food right now is just trying to eat things as close to the way God made them as possible.  Shopping organic really isn't much more expensive it you do it that way - - the prepared food is astronomical, but if you stick to the produce and the meat, I really don't see that my grocery spending has gone up.
However, I love love love to cook.  I'm a pretty good cook. (And Dave is a fantastic cook as well!)  My two favorite chefs are Giada and Ina. . . so, when I use their recipes, I try to make them as healthy as possible.  And when I make the things that might not be so healthy, I share so there aren't too many leftovers!
Dave and I now have a treadmill (thanks to friends who were upgrading).  I love it!  It has a little LED 'track' on the control panel.  I'm visual.  One mile means nothing to me, but I understand 4 laps around the track!
One of my motivators for walking is that I record Joyce Meyer on the DVR while I'm at work.  I walk 30 minutes and hear her daily inspirations and it keeps me mentally and spiritually focused on what's really important in life......I (and Dave too) like to keep drama to a minimum - - so, the more positive stuff I put in my head, the more I'm able to focus on good things and the less on the "peripherals of life" that are inevitable.
And so, to wrap this up on a Saturday, the three things on today's agenda are to paint the last wall in the kitchen (we started that last weekend), Dave will put up a new light fixture above the sink, and grocery shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment