Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sponge Bob and Winnie the Pooh!

Okay, so, yes, the kids grew up and are on their own, However, the door DOES revolve and when it comes back around - in come grandkids!  
And what a treat they are!  I have two grandsons - one, I unfortunately, have never met other than through phone conversations.  His name is Christopher and he lives in Lubbock, Tx.  He is the step son of my oldest son, Jason.  Christopher is in the 5th grade and is of course (I'm not lying - it's true!) intelligent, handsome, & witty!  I WILL get to meet his this summer however - - I plan to surprise Jason on his 30th birthday with a visit!  He doesn't know that yet, so mum's the word!!!!!!!!  (He won't read this - he hates computers!)  I'm so excited to get to spend time with Jason, Theresa, and Christopher!  Jason started truck driving school in San Antonio this week (I think that's where he said it is), so I may have to alter my plan just a tad so I catch him at home, but yep - this summer - I'm Texas bound!  I plan to spoil Christopher rotten!  I know I probably shouldn't, but that's the plan.  We've got several years to make up for!
Closer to home, Dave's daughter has a 2 1/2 year old son, Dayton.  We watch him once or twice a week for a few hours when she's at work - - she goes to school and works AND has a happy little guy.  It's amazing!  
I'm really glad I saved some of Emily's and Tommy's toys and movies.  The hot wheels cars and Winnie the Pooh movies have kept the little guy entertained on many visit!  We have DVR'd a few Diego episodes and the other day, when Dayton WASN'T here, I caught Dave watching SpongeBob........he told me the remote was hung up, but I'm not so sure...
Grandkids are such a precious gift.  Such a responsibility.  What memories do I want to make for them?  What is the legacy I want to leave them?  And suddenly, here is the realization of why it's even more important to take care of me - - I can be there for them as long as possible! 
I want memories, for myself as well for them, of baking cookies and planting flowers and vegetables and herbs and going for walks and playing on the playground and doing fun crafts and special traditions for holidays.
But most important, I want my grandsons (and maybe someday - granddaughters too) to know and remember that Nana had faith in God and trust in Jesus.  I want them to know that  Nana prayed for them.  I hope to show them a faith that gives them unfaltering confidence in a God who loves them, even on the darkest of days.
This is an area where I cannot fail.
......red and yellow black and white,
they are precious in his sight.
Jesus loves the little children of the world!

1 comment:

  1. Susanne, I love this! It made me tear up a bit... :) You're the best nana!
    ~Audrey

    ReplyDelete